I have put a stain over my painted walls I need to know If I have to put something to seal the stain or will it dry on the wall and not wash off?
I hate to say it, but I think you're in trouble. Stains are meant to soak into surfaces. They can't soak through any paints that I'm aware of. On the other hand, paints are meant to attach to a surface and don't soak in as much. If you wanted to recolor a previously painted surface, paint would have been the choice. I'm certainly no expert on stains, but I don't think it's going to "cure" properly and will always wash off. I'd clean as much off as possible, then prime it. I'd probably go to an actual paint store (not a home center) and ask for some advice on this. Another option is to go to www.zinsser.com and ask them. They always respond promptly to my questions. I do not work for zinsser in any way. I'm guessing they'll tell you to prime it with BIN.
Maybe I should be asking can I stain over / around a...
Peeling Interior Paint
painting over hinges??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes