I have put a stain over my painted walls I need to know If I have to put something to seal the stain or will it dry on the wall and not wash off?
I hate to say it, but I think you're in trouble. Stains are meant to soak into surfaces. They can't soak through any paints that I'm aware of. On the other hand, paints are meant to attach to a surface and don't soak in as much. If you wanted to recolor a previously painted surface, paint would have been the choice. I'm certainly no expert on stains, but I don't think it's going to "cure" properly and will always wash off. I'd clean as much off as possible, then prime it. I'd probably go to an actual paint store (not a home center) and ask for some advice on this. Another option is to go to www.zinsser.com and ask them. They always respond promptly to my questions. I do not work for zinsser in any way. I'm guessing they'll tell you to prime it with BIN.
Maybe I should be asking can I stain over / around a...
Peeling Interior Paint
painting over hinges??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love