Any suggestions for how to paint over the suede paint in my kitchen? I loved the way it looked when we first did it, but it was totally impractical for a kitchen. I would like to use a satin finish--I need to be able to wipe off fingerprints and touch up paint without repainting the whole wall. Will a couple coats of satin do that for me? (I don't care if it still looks textured, just as long as I can easily wipe it clean.)
I have no hands-on experience with suede paint, but in your other post you say you've been told to treat it as a flat paint. Therefore, I would recommend priming it first. If you don't, it's probably going to soak up a lot of your more expensive topcoat and it may affect the appearance of the topcoat. As for using a satin finish in the kitchen, I say go for it. I hate the way semi-gloss looks on a wall. As a rule I use satin and eggshell on walls. I'd err on the side of satin in a kitchen or bathroom. I've never had a problem with washability with the satins I've used.
I agree that you will need to prime the suede and you will just need to go to your local paint store and ask for an acrylic undercoater. These products have much better sealing properties than a regular latex primer and will give you a better looking job when using a satin or eggshell finish for your topcoat.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!