I remodeled my bathroom and used green board on the walls. I primed with latex primer and used Sherwin Williams paint for bathrooms. Within 2 months the paint was peeling in various spots (not everywhere). Sherwin Williams send a rep. out and he said I painted it on too think. SO, I scraped and cleaned, re-primed with Latex and painted with a new gallon of paint. Sure enough, it peeled again in the same places. SO, my boyfriend decided he would try. He scraped and sanded, cleaned with TSP, and used an oil base primer (suggested by Pittsburg Paint guy) and painted. Peeled again in the same spots. He just tried for the 4th time to paint the bathroom, it's only a couple weeks old, and it's peeling again in the same exact spots.
It seems that the drywall had some chemical or something on the surface that is causing the problem. Question is, how to fix it??? Does anyone know?????????????
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!