I have a chandelier that is brass in appearance. It isn't anything fancy... just one of those lower end chandeliers that came with the house.
I saw a TV show a few months back (can't remember which one) that painted over one of these cheap chandeliers with black spray paint. However, (now this is the part I can't remember) they had a tiny bit of brass showing though on the edges. I can't remember if they painted it in a two step process... one with a bronze color and then a second light coat of black...
I don't know if anyone else saw this show I'm thinking about.
In general I would appreciate any suggestions on preparation and technique. My end goal is to have it look like an dark weathered bronze (almost black) finish.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!