I have a chandelier that is brass in appearance. It isn't anything fancy... just one of those lower end chandeliers that came with the house.
I saw a TV show a few months back (can't remember which one) that painted over one of these cheap chandeliers with black spray paint. However, (now this is the part I can't remember) they had a tiny bit of brass showing though on the edges. I can't remember if they painted it in a two step process... one with a bronze color and then a second light coat of black...
I don't know if anyone else saw this show I'm thinking about.
In general I would appreciate any suggestions on preparation and technique. My end goal is to have it look like an dark weathered bronze (almost black) finish.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips