I have a chandelier that is brass in appearance. It isn't anything fancy... just one of those lower end chandeliers that came with the house.
I saw a TV show a few months back (can't remember which one) that painted over one of these cheap chandeliers with black spray paint. However, (now this is the part I can't remember) they had a tiny bit of brass showing though on the edges. I can't remember if they painted it in a two step process... one with a bronze color and then a second light coat of black...
I don't know if anyone else saw this show I'm thinking about.
In general I would appreciate any suggestions on preparation and technique. My end goal is to have it look like an dark weathered bronze (almost black) finish.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING