I have a chandelier that is brass in appearance. It isn't anything fancy... just one of those lower end chandeliers that came with the house.
I saw a TV show a few months back (can't remember which one) that painted over one of these cheap chandeliers with black spray paint. However, (now this is the part I can't remember) they had a tiny bit of brass showing though on the edges. I can't remember if they painted it in a two step process... one with a bronze color and then a second light coat of black...
I don't know if anyone else saw this show I'm thinking about.
In general I would appreciate any suggestions on preparation and technique. My end goal is to have it look like an dark weathered bronze (almost black) finish.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects