I have a chandelier that is brass in appearance. It isn't anything fancy... just one of those lower end chandeliers that came with the house.
I saw a TV show a few months back (can't remember which one) that painted over one of these cheap chandeliers with black spray paint. However, (now this is the part I can't remember) they had a tiny bit of brass showing though on the edges. I can't remember if they painted it in a two step process... one with a bronze color and then a second light coat of black...
I don't know if anyone else saw this show I'm thinking about.
In general I would appreciate any suggestions on preparation and technique. My end goal is to have it look like an dark weathered bronze (almost black) finish.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers