I have some 25y old cabinets which are covered by what looks like a smooth brown paper made to look like wood.
It seems like painting this texture would be difficult.
Is there a process i could use or maybe a special paint that will adhere to this surface?
I can't be more serious when I say this. Do not paint over paper! I don't care what the professionals do on television. Take the paper off first. If you paint over the paper you risk the paint not adhering properly, or saturating the paper so it starts to bubble and/or peel, and there is always the seam that never goes unnoticed. What is on your cupboards sounds as though it may be a vinyl covering, and not even paper. Makes painting over it that much more tricky. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight