I have some 25y old cabinets which are covered by what looks like a smooth brown paper made to look like wood.
It seems like painting this texture would be difficult.
Is there a process i could use or maybe a special paint that will adhere to this surface?
I can't be more serious when I say this. Do not paint over paper! I don't care what the professionals do on television. Take the paper off first. If you paint over the paper you risk the paint not adhering properly, or saturating the paper so it starts to bubble and/or peel, and there is always the seam that never goes unnoticed. What is on your cupboards sounds as though it may be a vinyl covering, and not even paper. Makes painting over it that much more tricky. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING