T1-11 Staining question
Does anyone know if this will work well and if so, how long will the color hold out. Or if it is not a good idea at all. Cedar is to expensive, so we were looking for an alternative to the cedar color.
Go look at the Log Homes I do http://pictureperfectpainting.20m.com/
This way you know it is coming from someone who knows about custom staining.
Sikkens and Timberflex can both be purchased at most paint stores such as H irshfields,S herwin Williams.
I seperate the names of stores so Villas web site doesnt do X them out.
Or can be found at wood specialty stores Sikkens is a little spendy but lasts and looks great,timberflex also looks very nice and less expensive but it is relatively new ive used it alot but in the last 3 years only.Ive seen Sikkens product on siding 8 years old and still looks nice.
When you have to redo it all you do is just 1 coat and it apply's so easily.And no im not a rep for them just a painter/business owner.
You could use 2 coats of an acrylic solid hide stain it will last 6 to 7 years and cost alot less than Sikkens which is way over priced in my opinion. I am familiar with Duron Maxwood Acrylic stain but if you can't get that brand in your area go to your local paint store and get their top line product.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes