T1-11 Staining question
Does anyone know if this will work well and if so, how long will the color hold out. Or if it is not a good idea at all. Cedar is to expensive, so we were looking for an alternative to the cedar color.
Go look at the Log Homes I do http://pictureperfectpainting.20m.com/
This way you know it is coming from someone who knows about custom staining.
Sikkens and Timberflex can both be purchased at most paint stores such as H irshfields,S herwin Williams.
I seperate the names of stores so Villas web site doesnt do X them out.
Or can be found at wood specialty stores Sikkens is a little spendy but lasts and looks great,timberflex also looks very nice and less expensive but it is relatively new ive used it alot but in the last 3 years only.Ive seen Sikkens product on siding 8 years old and still looks nice.
When you have to redo it all you do is just 1 coat and it apply's so easily.And no im not a rep for them just a painter/business owner.
You could use 2 coats of an acrylic solid hide stain it will last 6 to 7 years and cost alot less than Sikkens which is way over priced in my opinion. I am familiar with Duron Maxwood Acrylic stain but if you can't get that brand in your area go to your local paint store and get their top line product.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!