T1-11 Staining question
Does anyone know if this will work well and if so, how long will the color hold out. Or if it is not a good idea at all. Cedar is to expensive, so we were looking for an alternative to the cedar color.
Go look at the Log Homes I do http://pictureperfectpainting.20m.com/
This way you know it is coming from someone who knows about custom staining.
Sikkens and Timberflex can both be purchased at most paint stores such as H irshfields,S herwin Williams.
I seperate the names of stores so Villas web site doesnt do X them out.
Or can be found at wood specialty stores Sikkens is a little spendy but lasts and looks great,timberflex also looks very nice and less expensive but it is relatively new ive used it alot but in the last 3 years only.Ive seen Sikkens product on siding 8 years old and still looks nice.
When you have to redo it all you do is just 1 coat and it apply's so easily.And no im not a rep for them just a painter/business owner.
You could use 2 coats of an acrylic solid hide stain it will last 6 to 7 years and cost alot less than Sikkens which is way over priced in my opinion. I am familiar with Duron Maxwood Acrylic stain but if you can't get that brand in your area go to your local paint store and get their top line product.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees