T1-11 Staining question
Does anyone know if this will work well and if so, how long will the color hold out. Or if it is not a good idea at all. Cedar is to expensive, so we were looking for an alternative to the cedar color.
Go look at the Log Homes I do http://pictureperfectpainting.20m.com/
This way you know it is coming from someone who knows about custom staining.
Sikkens and Timberflex can both be purchased at most paint stores such as H irshfields,S herwin Williams.
I seperate the names of stores so Villas web site doesnt do X them out.
Or can be found at wood specialty stores Sikkens is a little spendy but lasts and looks great,timberflex also looks very nice and less expensive but it is relatively new ive used it alot but in the last 3 years only.Ive seen Sikkens product on siding 8 years old and still looks nice.
When you have to redo it all you do is just 1 coat and it apply's so easily.And no im not a rep for them just a painter/business owner.
You could use 2 coats of an acrylic solid hide stain it will last 6 to 7 years and cost alot less than Sikkens which is way over priced in my opinion. I am familiar with Duron Maxwood Acrylic stain but if you can't get that brand in your area go to your local paint store and get their top line product.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight