Hi, I just had my outside painted two days ago and the guy had recommended satin and I hate the color. I want to paint over, can I directly paint over it since it was only a couple days ago or do I need to prime it first. Can I use flat or do I have to stick with satin?
You do not need to prime as long as it is latex over latex. I would stick with a satin as it will stay cleaner, and last longer that a flat exterior paint.
Thanks, that makes sense. Do I have to wait until the paint drys a little before to repaint or is it better to do it while the other coat hasn't cured?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love