Hi, I just had my outside painted two days ago and the guy had recommended satin and I hate the color. I want to paint over, can I directly paint over it since it was only a couple days ago or do I need to prime it first. Can I use flat or do I have to stick with satin?
You do not need to prime as long as it is latex over latex. I would stick with a satin as it will stay cleaner, and last longer that a flat exterior paint.
Thanks, that makes sense. Do I have to wait until the paint drys a little before to repaint or is it better to do it while the other coat hasn't cured?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!