Hi, I just had my outside painted two days ago and the guy had recommended satin and I hate the color. I want to paint over, can I directly paint over it since it was only a couple days ago or do I need to prime it first. Can I use flat or do I have to stick with satin?
You do not need to prime as long as it is latex over latex. I would stick with a satin as it will stay cleaner, and last longer that a flat exterior paint.
Thanks, that makes sense. Do I have to wait until the paint drys a little before to repaint or is it better to do it while the other coat hasn't cured?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING