We have faux brick surrounding our fireplace. We were going to cover it up with cultured stone, but it is too expensive for the area we want to cover. The old owners painted the brick and grout lines all white, but we would like to faux paint textured bricks and of course some type of grout lines. We are not sure if we want to paint them a brick red or browns. But, the real problems we have are:
1.) What kind of primer should we use?
2.) How many different colors do we use (like three reds or three browns), and what type of paint is most durable and authentic?
3.) What kind of sponges or paint brushes do we use to make the bricks textured?
Any advise and technique strategy would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Painting my brick fireplace ... how should I do it?
How to Apply a Color Wash Faux Painting Technique
Get this paint off my brick fireplace!!!
Painting Brick on Chimney
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY