We have faux brick surrounding our fireplace. We were going to cover it up with cultured stone, but it is too expensive for the area we want to cover. The old owners painted the brick and grout lines all white, but we would like to faux paint textured bricks and of course some type of grout lines. We are not sure if we want to paint them a brick red or browns. But, the real problems we have are:
1.) What kind of primer should we use?
2.) How many different colors do we use (like three reds or three browns), and what type of paint is most durable and authentic?
3.) What kind of sponges or paint brushes do we use to make the bricks textured?
Any advise and technique strategy would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Painting my brick fireplace ... how should I do it?
How to Apply a Color Wash Faux Painting Technique
Get this paint off my brick fireplace!!!
Painting Brick on Chimney
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs