We have faux brick surrounding our fireplace. We were going to cover it up with cultured stone, but it is too expensive for the area we want to cover. The old owners painted the brick and grout lines all white, but we would like to faux paint textured bricks and of course some type of grout lines. We are not sure if we want to paint them a brick red or browns. But, the real problems we have are:
1.) What kind of primer should we use?
2.) How many different colors do we use (like three reds or three browns), and what type of paint is most durable and authentic?
3.) What kind of sponges or paint brushes do we use to make the bricks textured?
Any advise and technique strategy would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Painting my brick fireplace ... how should I do it?
How to Apply a Color Wash Faux Painting Technique
Get this paint off my brick fireplace!!!
Painting Brick on Chimney
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs