I am hoping that someone can help me. I have just purchased my first home, and am trying to paint a bedroom. It was previously a dark blue latex paint covering the walls, so we had sanded and primed the entire room. We then painted the room with 3 coats of Olympic paint only to find it bubbling everywhere, and the paint completely peeled off all of the walls. I can pull the entire wall off in one sheet. The only layer remaining was the layer of primer. We returned the paint (thinking the paint was to blame) and then we got American Tradition paint, and were told to use Zinsser 1-2-3 primer (because it will stick to anything, and anything will stick to it). We then painted the room with 3 more layers of paint. After letting the room dry, it bubbled and once again, it all peeled off -- including the zinsser primer. The only thing left on the wall is the original coat of primer.
When painting, we allowed 1 day drying time between each coat so we don't think it has anything to do with that. Everyone we seem to ask is doesn't know what could be causing this. Does anyone know what the problem is or is this something that I am going to have to completely strip all of the walls down. If so, how do I go about that? Thanks for the help!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide