I am hoping that someone can help me. I have just purchased my first home, and am trying to paint a bedroom. It was previously a dark blue latex paint covering the walls, so we had sanded and primed the entire room. We then painted the room with 3 coats of Olympic paint only to find it bubbling everywhere, and the paint completely peeled off all of the walls. I can pull the entire wall off in one sheet. The only layer remaining was the layer of primer. We returned the paint (thinking the paint was to blame) and then we got American Tradition paint, and were told to use Zinsser 1-2-3 primer (because it will stick to anything, and anything will stick to it). We then painted the room with 3 more layers of paint. After letting the room dry, it bubbled and once again, it all peeled off -- including the zinsser primer. The only thing left on the wall is the original coat of primer.
When painting, we allowed 1 day drying time between each coat so we don't think it has anything to do with that. Everyone we seem to ask is doesn't know what could be causing this. Does anyone know what the problem is or is this something that I am going to have to completely strip all of the walls down. If so, how do I go about that? Thanks for the help!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!