I am repainting my house but the one area I am nervous in is that of my living room ceiling.There are tape marks running the entire length of the ceiling in about 4 areas.
I don't know if the ceiling needs to be totally skimmed or if an extra coat or two will hide the imperfections.
If it does need to be reskimmed how difficult is it to skim a ceiling ( with recessed lights)and also could I maybe just try and skim the tape areas and smooth it out 6- 12 inches away from the tape lines and then fine sand.
All thoughts welcome.
I would think that you could just skim out the tape joints and get the ceiling looking good. Once you have skimed it you will need to prime the entire ceiling with a latex drywall primer and then finish with a latex ceiling paint as they dry flatter and do not show up imperfections like a regular wall paint will.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs