I am repainting my house but the one area I am nervous in is that of my living room ceiling.There are tape marks running the entire length of the ceiling in about 4 areas.
I don't know if the ceiling needs to be totally skimmed or if an extra coat or two will hide the imperfections.
If it does need to be reskimmed how difficult is it to skim a ceiling ( with recessed lights)and also could I maybe just try and skim the tape areas and smooth it out 6- 12 inches away from the tape lines and then fine sand.
All thoughts welcome.
I would think that you could just skim out the tape joints and get the ceiling looking good. Once you have skimed it you will need to prime the entire ceiling with a latex drywall primer and then finish with a latex ceiling paint as they dry flatter and do not show up imperfections like a regular wall paint will.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!