I have 2 yr old twin boys who never fail to out so me. We have recently listed our house for sale and I was try to do some touch up painting. I have never had this problem with pen before but I can not get it to not show through the new coats of paint. I have also tried primer both Kilz and Bullseye and maybe I am just not doing something right but it is still showing. I also have black sharpie on one their bedroom door and and worried the same will happen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have an open house on Saturday.
You should be able to get it at place that sells paint. It should be right next to the Bullseye, Kilz, and 1-2-3.
You do not want to use BIN as it is alcohol based and so is the sharpie and as such it will cause it to bleed back through the primer. You need to use a stain killer such as KILZ Oil Based or CoverStain to seal the ink and sharpie in.
Help! Did anyone ever find a solution for this? I too have sharpie on my wall and cover stain isn't coving it.
The stain kiler needs to be applied lightly so it will seal in the marker and this means you will have to apply it a couple of times to seal in the marker. The oil based stain killer should work best on sharpie but you may have to use both to seal it in. But bear in mind the primers do not cover well but they still will seal in the stain as they rely on the finish paint to do the covering/hiding.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!