I have 2 yr old twin boys who never fail to out so me. We have recently listed our house for sale and I was try to do some touch up painting. I have never had this problem with pen before but I can not get it to not show through the new coats of paint. I have also tried primer both Kilz and Bullseye and maybe I am just not doing something right but it is still showing. I also have black sharpie on one their bedroom door and and worried the same will happen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have an open house on Saturday.
You should be able to get it at place that sells paint. It should be right next to the Bullseye, Kilz, and 1-2-3.
You do not want to use BIN as it is alcohol based and so is the sharpie and as such it will cause it to bleed back through the primer. You need to use a stain killer such as KILZ Oil Based or CoverStain to seal the ink and sharpie in.
Help! Did anyone ever find a solution for this? I too have sharpie on my wall and cover stain isn't coving it.
The stain kiler needs to be applied lightly so it will seal in the marker and this means you will have to apply it a couple of times to seal in the marker. The oil based stain killer should work best on sharpie but you may have to use both to seal it in. But bear in mind the primers do not cover well but they still will seal in the stain as they rely on the finish paint to do the covering/hiding.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees