I have a 140 year old Victorian home I've restored with my wife the past 6 years. One of the things we did in the exterior was to remove some very old and corroded tin from the back of the home that was wrapped around our brick exterior. In the past few months I've noticed we are starting to see a mold problem on that very wall interior which is our bathroom. Is it
A. a problem with steam ventilation inside or
B. a problem with moisture finding it's way in from the exterior.
A note, there is one section of the interior bathroom plaster on that wall that has "puffed" out in two spots so I'm not really sure what to do.
I don't know if I need to seal of the exterior brick which is painted already or fix the inside>
You are geeting moisture from the outside most likely and it could be from the roof or caulking that has cracked. If the brick has been painted recently that probably is not your problem.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!