Can texture finish and paint cause noxious fumes if painted on exposed hot water (heating) pipes?
I live in an older house that had radiator heat installed many years ago. The pipes for the second floor run right through the first floor (near corners of walls).
Before I bought the house, five years ago, a remodeler painted all the walls and the pipes with a texure coating. I recently had a new boiler installed and it makes the pipes hotter than before. Now I notice a dry, stuffy odor that sometimes causes headaches and slight dizzyness. The local fire department checked for carbon monoxide, sewer gas, natural gas, etc. and found nothing. Nothing in the house has changed, except the hotter temperatures in the pipes. Could the texure coating and/or paint be the cause?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight