I would appreciate help from those of you with a good eye for color and design. We are redoing several rooms, including new carpeting, paint, baseboard, and crown moulding. My question is: when we paint, would it be ok to use the same color on the ceiling, cottage white, as on the trim? Or should the ceiling be a different color? If it makes any difference, the walls will be a darker color called cliff rock which is a little darker than taupe.
The cottage white goes well with the cliff rock but will the crown moulding disappear into the ceiling? The rooms are roughly 15' by 16'.
You are correct in that if you paint the ceiling the same color as the crown molding it will disappear. You could paint the ceiling a plain white or better yet you can paint it a lighter version of the wall color. The paint store can tint a flat wall paint either a 1/2 quart formula or a quart formula per gallon to get this affect.
Hope this helps out.
Hope this helps out.
Paint one wall with lighter color?
exterior paint over wood stain
Need help in choosing paint color
RL Paint Absolutely sucks. Now I have to color match.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps