I would appreciate help from those of you with a good eye for color and design. We are redoing several rooms, including new carpeting, paint, baseboard, and crown moulding. My question is: when we paint, would it be ok to use the same color on the ceiling, cottage white, as on the trim? Or should the ceiling be a different color? If it makes any difference, the walls will be a darker color called cliff rock which is a little darker than taupe.
The cottage white goes well with the cliff rock but will the crown moulding disappear into the ceiling? The rooms are roughly 15' by 16'.
You are correct in that if you paint the ceiling the same color as the crown molding it will disappear. You could paint the ceiling a plain white or better yet you can paint it a lighter version of the wall color. The paint store can tint a flat wall paint either a 1/2 quart formula or a quart formula per gallon to get this affect.
Hope this helps out.
Hope this helps out.
Paint one wall with lighter color?
exterior paint over wood stain
Need help in choosing paint color
RL Paint Absolutely sucks. Now I have to color match.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools