I would appreciate help from those of you with a good eye for color and design. We are redoing several rooms, including new carpeting, paint, baseboard, and crown moulding. My question is: when we paint, would it be ok to use the same color on the ceiling, cottage white, as on the trim? Or should the ceiling be a different color? If it makes any difference, the walls will be a darker color called cliff rock which is a little darker than taupe.
The cottage white goes well with the cliff rock but will the crown moulding disappear into the ceiling? The rooms are roughly 15' by 16'.
You are correct in that if you paint the ceiling the same color as the crown molding it will disappear. You could paint the ceiling a plain white or better yet you can paint it a lighter version of the wall color. The paint store can tint a flat wall paint either a 1/2 quart formula or a quart formula per gallon to get this affect.
Hope this helps out.
Hope this helps out.
Paint one wall with lighter color?
exterior paint over wood stain
Need help in choosing paint color
RL Paint Absolutely sucks. Now I have to color match.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees