I would appreciate help from those of you with a good eye for color and design. We are redoing several rooms, including new carpeting, paint, baseboard, and crown moulding. My question is: when we paint, would it be ok to use the same color on the ceiling, cottage white, as on the trim? Or should the ceiling be a different color? If it makes any difference, the walls will be a darker color called cliff rock which is a little darker than taupe.
The cottage white goes well with the cliff rock but will the crown moulding disappear into the ceiling? The rooms are roughly 15' by 16'.
You are correct in that if you paint the ceiling the same color as the crown molding it will disappear. You could paint the ceiling a plain white or better yet you can paint it a lighter version of the wall color. The paint store can tint a flat wall paint either a 1/2 quart formula or a quart formula per gallon to get this affect.
Hope this helps out.
Hope this helps out.
Paint one wall with lighter color?
exterior paint over wood stain
Need help in choosing paint color
RL Paint Absolutely sucks. Now I have to color match.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes