I would appreciate help from those of you with a good eye for color and design. We are redoing several rooms, including new carpeting, paint, baseboard, and crown moulding. My question is: when we paint, would it be ok to use the same color on the ceiling, cottage white, as on the trim? Or should the ceiling be a different color? If it makes any difference, the walls will be a darker color called cliff rock which is a little darker than taupe.
The cottage white goes well with the cliff rock but will the crown moulding disappear into the ceiling? The rooms are roughly 15' by 16'.
You are correct in that if you paint the ceiling the same color as the crown molding it will disappear. You could paint the ceiling a plain white or better yet you can paint it a lighter version of the wall color. The paint store can tint a flat wall paint either a 1/2 quart formula or a quart formula per gallon to get this affect.
Hope this helps out.
Hope this helps out.
Paint one wall with lighter color?
exterior paint over wood stain
Need help in choosing paint color
RL Paint Absolutely sucks. Now I have to color match.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Mirror Magic: 10 Ways of Using Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- 7 Powerful Cleaners in Your Pantry
- 10 DIY Ways to Dress Up Your House for Fall
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs