I have 80's style lamininate cabinetry. What is the best way to prepare and paint these style of cabinets?
You will need to sand the surface with fine sandpaper to dull the finish, and then wipe down with paint thinner followed by a ammonia and water wash. The washing is to remove dirt and grease which will help greatly in adhesion. Then prime with a white pigmented shellac such as Zinsser BIN, and finish with a acrylic semi-gloss or gloss enamel such as Sherwin Williams Pro-Classic Acrylic or Duron Signature Select Interior Acrylic.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight