wavy appearance of roof between trusses
I think I would tend to believe the roofers on this one.
Any more opinions?
If you can get at the underside of the roof from the attic you can install 2x4 blocking to push the plywood up where it is dipping to help straighten it out.
If you're not in the snow-belt, you can probably get away with not resheathing until the next reroofing job. However, I suggest you periodically check on your sheathing from the attic to make sure no further deterioration is happening.
Best of luck
I like Glenn Good's suggestion about the 2x4 blocking. Obviously you don't want to reroof after just having it done. Try the 2x4's in one area and see if it makes it look better. It might take a while, but it's a lot cheaper.
Keep this in mind when you want to get up on your roof. If the posts are correct I don't think I would walk up there. Maybe take a wood plank up with you and lay parallel to the peak. Walking on the planks will keep you from falling through.
IMO, they should have noticed the lack of structure, notified you, and given the option for you to agree to a change order to replace the plywood.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- Soundproof Your Home with 11 DIYs
- Set the Tone: 8 Colors for an Inviting Dining Room
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY