wavy appearance of roof between trusses
I think I would tend to believe the roofers on this one.
Any more opinions?
If you can get at the underside of the roof from the attic you can install 2x4 blocking to push the plywood up where it is dipping to help straighten it out.
If you're not in the snow-belt, you can probably get away with not resheathing until the next reroofing job. However, I suggest you periodically check on your sheathing from the attic to make sure no further deterioration is happening.
Best of luck
I like Glenn Good's suggestion about the 2x4 blocking. Obviously you don't want to reroof after just having it done. Try the 2x4's in one area and see if it makes it look better. It might take a while, but it's a lot cheaper.
Keep this in mind when you want to get up on your roof. If the posts are correct I don't think I would walk up there. Maybe take a wood plank up with you and lay parallel to the peak. Walking on the planks will keep you from falling through.
IMO, they should have noticed the lack of structure, notified you, and given the option for you to agree to a change order to replace the plywood.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them