wavy appearance of roof between trusses
I think I would tend to believe the roofers on this one.
Any more opinions?
If you can get at the underside of the roof from the attic you can install 2x4 blocking to push the plywood up where it is dipping to help straighten it out.
If you're not in the snow-belt, you can probably get away with not resheathing until the next reroofing job. However, I suggest you periodically check on your sheathing from the attic to make sure no further deterioration is happening.
Best of luck
I like Glenn Good's suggestion about the 2x4 blocking. Obviously you don't want to reroof after just having it done. Try the 2x4's in one area and see if it makes it look better. It might take a while, but it's a lot cheaper.
Keep this in mind when you want to get up on your roof. If the posts are correct I don't think I would walk up there. Maybe take a wood plank up with you and lay parallel to the peak. Walking on the planks will keep you from falling through.
IMO, they should have noticed the lack of structure, notified you, and given the option for you to agree to a change order to replace the plywood.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes