After roofers stripped the original shingles (15 yrs. old), they rolled on new tar paper and placed the new shingles. Here and there I see a lumpy appearance of about 2-3 feet long running along the trusses. The plywood decking probably raised up a bit at the seams over the trusses and should have been hammered down to make a smooth seam? At any rate, in the morning and late afternoon you can easily see these "lumpy" areas on the front and back of the house. Is this unusual? I know the crew was in a hurry to finish the job in one day. The insurance company roof consultant and roofers insist this is just a cosmetic, not a big problem and probably was there before the new roofing was installed. Opinions?
Just what my roofer said was I had wavy or lumpy spots too,so I had another roofer come out and he said that it is a new roof and will lay down in time and it did for mine.
So maybe yours will too.
So maybe yours will too.
See my response under your other post. Still the same problem.
One additional thing about trusses...they are never perfect. One may be slightly higher than another or warped thus adding to the problem.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda