Satin Finish Is The Longest Lasting.I recommend two coats Sherwin Williams duration: exterior over their primeRX hi build prime coat for the longest lasting and smoothest finish.
Can anyone tell me if it is better to go with acrylic paint or elastromeric paint for a STUCCO building, very close to the ocean?
What's your recommendation for painting a porch that's already had two coats on? I'd like to have one that's primer and paint all in one. [email protected]
I can say about 3 years ago I did a large test area on the side of my house with ace exterior paint. It still looks real good, I did not prime it. Recently I tested Behr premium ultra, one spot with 3 coats, one spot with a primer and two coats. My husband has has said the ace looks way better and I agree. Only had used 2 coats of the ace.
Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams is an excellent choice of paint and using the best paint is smart, Dunn-Edwards is a very old brand and they used to make the absolute best if they haven't been bought out. As a contractor 35 years I have not been happy with the longevity of the BEHR as the others on my finished homes.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects