I would like to know which would be ebst. My house is over 20 years old and has some cedar trim as well as soffit and fascia wood. Painter is spraying it and not using brush. I thought a brush was best for coverage! I am using Coronado Paint and hoping for the best. Any comments appreciated. My concern is that it will not last as long as the prior painting by brush in 1999. I live in South Texas and hot weather is our problem here!
Thanks to any folks with ideas.
There will be no difference in how long the paint will last. In alot of cases you will apply more paint with a sprayer than with a brush so you are not getting short changed.
There is a huge difference if the painter does not brush the paint into the siding. If sprayed on it just sits on the old paint and does not properly bond to it. It needs to be back brushed if being sprayed.
If this was raw wood then I would say that you need to back brush the paint for adhesion but on a repaint it does not make a difference. I have been in the paint business for over 30 years and I have not seen failures due to not back brushing paint on a repaint.
Maybe you don't see a diffirence after a year or two but after time you will. I've seen that the companies that base their businesses around quality either brush or spray and back brush. The hacks spray and walk thus needing a repaint much sooner than expected. The failures are not right away but I do beilve strongly that they are there.
If what you say was the case then the paint manufacturing companies would say this in there application instructions as they don't want a failure.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!