I would like to know which would be ebst. My house is over 20 years old and has some cedar trim as well as soffit and fascia wood. Painter is spraying it and not using brush. I thought a brush was best for coverage! I am using Coronado Paint and hoping for the best. Any comments appreciated. My concern is that it will not last as long as the prior painting by brush in 1999. I live in South Texas and hot weather is our problem here!
Thanks to any folks with ideas.
There will be no difference in how long the paint will last. In alot of cases you will apply more paint with a sprayer than with a brush so you are not getting short changed.
There is a huge difference if the painter does not brush the paint into the siding. If sprayed on it just sits on the old paint and does not properly bond to it. It needs to be back brushed if being sprayed.
If this was raw wood then I would say that you need to back brush the paint for adhesion but on a repaint it does not make a difference. I have been in the paint business for over 30 years and I have not seen failures due to not back brushing paint on a repaint.
Maybe you don't see a diffirence after a year or two but after time you will. I've seen that the companies that base their businesses around quality either brush or spray and back brush. The hacks spray and walk thus needing a repaint much sooner than expected. The failures are not right away but I do beilve strongly that they are there.
If what you say was the case then the paint manufacturing companies would say this in there application instructions as they don't want a failure.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!