I would like to know which would be ebst. My house is over 20 years old and has some cedar trim as well as soffit and fascia wood. Painter is spraying it and not using brush. I thought a brush was best for coverage! I am using Coronado Paint and hoping for the best. Any comments appreciated. My concern is that it will not last as long as the prior painting by brush in 1999. I live in South Texas and hot weather is our problem here!
Thanks to any folks with ideas.
There will be no difference in how long the paint will last. In alot of cases you will apply more paint with a sprayer than with a brush so you are not getting short changed.
There is a huge difference if the painter does not brush the paint into the siding. If sprayed on it just sits on the old paint and does not properly bond to it. It needs to be back brushed if being sprayed.
If this was raw wood then I would say that you need to back brush the paint for adhesion but on a repaint it does not make a difference. I have been in the paint business for over 30 years and I have not seen failures due to not back brushing paint on a repaint.
Maybe you don't see a diffirence after a year or two but after time you will. I've seen that the companies that base their businesses around quality either brush or spray and back brush. The hacks spray and walk thus needing a repaint much sooner than expected. The failures are not right away but I do beilve strongly that they are there.
If what you say was the case then the paint manufacturing companies would say this in there application instructions as they don't want a failure.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight