Does Bleach damage Asphalt shingles?
I have some roof shingle mold/mildew, and was going to try Jay J's suggestion of 1 cup bleach to 1 gallon water, but was concerned that the bleach would damage the asphalt aspect of the shingles. Anyone know if it does/doesn't?
I dont think there will be a problem .You might test a small area before applying over complete area. If you are having mildew or molding problems,can be caused by overhanging trees, especially nut bearing, or softwood trees. also, you need to get more attic ventilation, eve vents, soffit vents, power vents or turbines. what creates mildew is inside warm temps coinciding with outside cool air. need to equalize attic temps by adding more ventilation. the bleach water combo will only last a few weeks before returning to same status.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers