Does Bleach damage Asphalt shingles?
I have some roof shingle mold/mildew, and was going to try Jay J's suggestion of 1 cup bleach to 1 gallon water, but was concerned that the bleach would damage the asphalt aspect of the shingles. Anyone know if it does/doesn't?
I dont think there will be a problem .You might test a small area before applying over complete area. If you are having mildew or molding problems,can be caused by overhanging trees, especially nut bearing, or softwood trees. also, you need to get more attic ventilation, eve vents, soffit vents, power vents or turbines. what creates mildew is inside warm temps coinciding with outside cool air. need to equalize attic temps by adding more ventilation. the bleach water combo will only last a few weeks before returning to same status.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight