Does Bleach damage Asphalt shingles?
I have some roof shingle mold/mildew, and was going to try Jay J's suggestion of 1 cup bleach to 1 gallon water, but was concerned that the bleach would damage the asphalt aspect of the shingles. Anyone know if it does/doesn't?
I dont think there will be a problem .You might test a small area before applying over complete area. If you are having mildew or molding problems,can be caused by overhanging trees, especially nut bearing, or softwood trees. also, you need to get more attic ventilation, eve vents, soffit vents, power vents or turbines. what creates mildew is inside warm temps coinciding with outside cool air. need to equalize attic temps by adding more ventilation. the bleach water combo will only last a few weeks before returning to same status.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes