I've read an article regarding painting formica cabinets. I don't want to paint mine; but I'd like to spruce up these 30 yr old cabinets. The article gave directions to prep by wiping the cabinets down with mineral spirits to remove heavy build up of dirt and grease.
QUESTION: Can I do this prep work if I'm not going to paint the cabinets? I don't want to be forced to paint them if I ruin them with mineral spirits.
If all you want do is clean the cabinets of dirt and grease build up, then you can just wah them dowm with ammonia and water. It will clean them and be safer for you.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING