I've read an article regarding painting formica cabinets. I don't want to paint mine; but I'd like to spruce up these 30 yr old cabinets. The article gave directions to prep by wiping the cabinets down with mineral spirits to remove heavy build up of dirt and grease.
QUESTION: Can I do this prep work if I'm not going to paint the cabinets? I don't want to be forced to paint them if I ruin them with mineral spirits.
If all you want do is clean the cabinets of dirt and grease build up, then you can just wah them dowm with ammonia and water. It will clean them and be safer for you.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!