I've read an article regarding painting formica cabinets. I don't want to paint mine; but I'd like to spruce up these 30 yr old cabinets. The article gave directions to prep by wiping the cabinets down with mineral spirits to remove heavy build up of dirt and grease.
QUESTION: Can I do this prep work if I'm not going to paint the cabinets? I don't want to be forced to paint them if I ruin them with mineral spirits.
If all you want do is clean the cabinets of dirt and grease build up, then you can just wah them dowm with ammonia and water. It will clean them and be safer for you.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight