I've read an article regarding painting formica cabinets. I don't want to paint mine; but I'd like to spruce up these 30 yr old cabinets. The article gave directions to prep by wiping the cabinets down with mineral spirits to remove heavy build up of dirt and grease.
QUESTION: Can I do this prep work if I'm not going to paint the cabinets? I don't want to be forced to paint them if I ruin them with mineral spirits.
If all you want do is clean the cabinets of dirt and grease build up, then you can just wah them dowm with ammonia and water. It will clean them and be safer for you.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects