LOOKING FOR SOME TIPS ON PAINTING RAILINGS ON AN ALREADY INSTALLED TREX DECK. IS USING TAPE AND A BRUSH THE WAY TO GO? SPRAYING IS NOT AN OPTION....
Yes using tape, dropcloth and a brush would be the best way to paint these railings. I would use the blue tape from 3M so as not to leave a residue on the deck.
You can spray the railings with proper proection. Check out Rhino Shield Ceramic Coating in your area. It is thick enough that over spray is minimal and the application crews go over board in protecting the areas around the sufaces they are coating. The masking and covering makes thier jobs look like a car in a body shop! It carries a 25 year warranty so you will only have to go through it one time. As far as taping, that would only be a small part of the proection of your Trex floor.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING