LOOKING FOR SOME TIPS ON PAINTING RAILINGS ON AN ALREADY INSTALLED TREX DECK. IS USING TAPE AND A BRUSH THE WAY TO GO? SPRAYING IS NOT AN OPTION....
Yes using tape, dropcloth and a brush would be the best way to paint these railings. I would use the blue tape from 3M so as not to leave a residue on the deck.
You can spray the railings with proper proection. Check out Rhino Shield Ceramic Coating in your area. It is thick enough that over spray is minimal and the application crews go over board in protecting the areas around the sufaces they are coating. The masking and covering makes thier jobs look like a car in a body shop! It carries a 25 year warranty so you will only have to go through it one time. As far as taping, that would only be a small part of the proection of your Trex floor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!