Ohh, please help! I have newly painted porch posts (cream coloured) they've only been painted for a week, and silly me decided I'd decorate for Halloween, and put up two Fall leaf garlands, which I got from AC Moore's, on each post. There were no tags on them, saying that they were for indoor use only, however!
The night after they were up, we had a driving rain, and next day, to my horror!!!, I see streaks of red and mustard, running down the beautiful paint! I'm soooo devastated....tried using orange citrus cleaner on them, but didn't work at all. The latex isa water based paint, and lord only knows what the dye is made out of.
Anyone?? I sure could use some advice!
You may just have to repaint the post, but I would try a spot to make sure the stain does not bleed through.
..I just may have to do that, only it's getting cold in CT! Maybe next Spring. Anyway, if anyone reads this, beware of those coloured garlands...this one was not labeled 'indoor'! =l
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight