Ohh, please help! I have newly painted porch posts (cream coloured) they've only been painted for a week, and silly me decided I'd decorate for Halloween, and put up two Fall leaf garlands, which I got from AC Moore's, on each post. There were no tags on them, saying that they were for indoor use only, however!
The night after they were up, we had a driving rain, and next day, to my horror!!!, I see streaks of red and mustard, running down the beautiful paint! I'm soooo devastated....tried using orange citrus cleaner on them, but didn't work at all. The latex isa water based paint, and lord only knows what the dye is made out of.
Anyone?? I sure could use some advice!
You may just have to repaint the post, but I would try a spot to make sure the stain does not bleed through.
..I just may have to do that, only it's getting cold in CT! Maybe next Spring. Anyway, if anyone reads this, beware of those coloured garlands...this one was not labeled 'indoor'! =l
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers