Ohh, please help! I have newly painted porch posts (cream coloured) they've only been painted for a week, and silly me decided I'd decorate for Halloween, and put up two Fall leaf garlands, which I got from AC Moore's, on each post. There were no tags on them, saying that they were for indoor use only, however!
The night after they were up, we had a driving rain, and next day, to my horror!!!, I see streaks of red and mustard, running down the beautiful paint! I'm soooo devastated....tried using orange citrus cleaner on them, but didn't work at all. The latex isa water based paint, and lord only knows what the dye is made out of.
Anyone?? I sure could use some advice!
You may just have to repaint the post, but I would try a spot to make sure the stain does not bleed through.
..I just may have to do that, only it's getting cold in CT! Maybe next Spring. Anyway, if anyone reads this, beware of those coloured garlands...this one was not labeled 'indoor'! =l
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!