The old owner of my apartment used formica to build out an evae for recessed lighting. It is all yellowed and I am trying to find out how one would go about painting over it? Can anyone recommend a product that would paint over this formica?
Need help in a hurry. Thanks in advance.
Yes you can paint this surface. You will need to clean it to remove dirt and grease and sand to to roughen up the surface to promote adhesion. Then you will need to prime it with a primer such as Insl-X Aqualock and follow with the topcoat of you choice.
repairing pin holes and dimples before painting drywall
painting ceramic tile
wall paper over wall paper or paint over wall paper
Painting on knockdown wall texture
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!