The old owner of my apartment used formica to build out an evae for recessed lighting. It is all yellowed and I am trying to find out how one would go about painting over it? Can anyone recommend a product that would paint over this formica?
Need help in a hurry. Thanks in advance.
Yes you can paint this surface. You will need to clean it to remove dirt and grease and sand to to roughen up the surface to promote adhesion. Then you will need to prime it with a primer such as Insl-X Aqualock and follow with the topcoat of you choice.
repairing pin holes and dimples before painting drywall
painting ceramic tile
Painting on knockdown wall texture
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight