Yes I have steel siding and I have 4 places around the house where it peeled over the winter. This is the second year in a row this has happened.I used a primer last year then a paint over that. Is their a special primer I should be using?Thank you in advance.
You should use an oil based metal primer if it peeling down to the bare steel. Then you can topcoat it with a high quality exterior acrylic house paint in either a satin or semi-gloss finish.
We have been doing this a lot too during the wientr. I love it! : )One of the neighbor kids had his cousin over the other day and while they were painting I was snapping away, like always, and the little girl says to her cousin, This isn't normal is it? Mommy only takes pictures of me when something special is happening.'I told her that every day is special : ) and Jonathon told her that I take pictures of them all the time. She thought it was bezerk. I think I have conditioned the neighborhood kids now. They know they will be shot doing any and all activities in or around our house : )
steel siding peeling
Wrapping windows frames correctly when installing st...
looking for steel siding
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes