I want to redo the entry to my house. It was covered with imitation brick wallpaper. When I took off this old paper it left adhesive residue and in spots tore off everything down to the drywall. The walls are now patchy in areas where the paint was ripped off and bumpy where the old adhesive remains. Is there anything I can use to remove this paint and old adhesive from my drywall?
I would get some wallpaper remover to get the remaining adhesive off the walls. Then get off any loose drywall paper and prime with GARDZ from Zinnser which will lock down the remaining face paper, so you can skim out the rough areas with drywall mud. Then you will need to prime again before you apply your finish paint.
I can imagine how crazy that wall must look right now. But the advice given to you is correct, you can fix up the wall this way before you apply the new paint, just be careful every step of the way and you will do fine.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!