I want to redo the entry to my house. It was covered with imitation brick wallpaper. When I took off this old paper it left adhesive residue and in spots tore off everything down to the drywall. The walls are now patchy in areas where the paint was ripped off and bumpy where the old adhesive remains. Is there anything I can use to remove this paint and old adhesive from my drywall?
I would get some wallpaper remover to get the remaining adhesive off the walls. Then get off any loose drywall paper and prime with GARDZ from Zinnser which will lock down the remaining face paper, so you can skim out the rough areas with drywall mud. Then you will need to prime again before you apply your finish paint.
I can imagine how crazy that wall must look right now. But the advice given to you is correct, you can fix up the wall this way before you apply the new paint, just be careful every step of the way and you will do fine.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes