The coating on our metal exterior door was coming off, so I removed it all and lightly sanded it. I put on a coat of metal primer, then used exterior latex paint (this paint was supposed to be good for metal). I also removed all of the weather strips around the door for about 10 days to allow the paint to dry.
I reattached the weather stripping. It started sticking right away, and it still sticks to this day (this was done about 5 months ago at least). How do you paint an exterior metal door, and not have to worry about it sticking to the weather stripping when it's done?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Reversing an exterior door from swinging out to swin...
Mobile Home Skirting
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects