The coating on our metal exterior door was coming off, so I removed it all and lightly sanded it. I put on a coat of metal primer, then used exterior latex paint (this paint was supposed to be good for metal). I also removed all of the weather strips around the door for about 10 days to allow the paint to dry.
I reattached the weather stripping. It started sticking right away, and it still sticks to this day (this was done about 5 months ago at least). How do you paint an exterior metal door, and not have to worry about it sticking to the weather stripping when it's done?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Reversing an exterior door from swinging out to swin...
Mobile Home Skirting
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers