The coating on our metal exterior door was coming off, so I removed it all and lightly sanded it. I put on a coat of metal primer, then used exterior latex paint (this paint was supposed to be good for metal). I also removed all of the weather strips around the door for about 10 days to allow the paint to dry.
I reattached the weather stripping. It started sticking right away, and it still sticks to this day (this was done about 5 months ago at least). How do you paint an exterior metal door, and not have to worry about it sticking to the weather stripping when it's done?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Reversing an exterior door from swinging out to swin...
Mobile Home Skirting
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!