I am working on what seems to be a nightmare remodel. The previous owners painted over wallpaper. I want to repaint the kitchen and living room but need to remove the wall paper first. I would just paint over it but it is coming up in places and the seams are showing.. What is the best route to remove this without damaging the drywall? I know this will be time consuming but I want to do it right and be done with it.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
If the walls were not sized and or primed before the wallpaper was installed it will tear off the facepaper of the drywall and then you will have to skim coat the entire wall to make them smooth. That is most likely why they painted over it in the first place. I would repair the loose places and maybe mud over the seams and leave the wallpaper there.
It was really hard to take off wall papers specially if it was pasted their for years and even more it was painted. Is the wall cement or wood? if its wood, i suggest you tried your best taking off all wallpapers before repainting it.
This sounds like a really big nightmare. Hope you managed to solve the problem without causing any permanent damage to your wall. That is why one has to be careful when buying houses, you never know what is in store.
painting over paneling that I have filled the grove...
removing wallpaper from paneling
painted wallpaper removal
Removing old paneling
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects