I am working on what seems to be a nightmare remodel. The previous owners painted over wallpaper. I want to repaint the kitchen and living room but need to remove the wall paper first. I would just paint over it but it is coming up in places and the seams are showing.. What is the best route to remove this without damaging the drywall? I know this will be time consuming but I want to do it right and be done with it.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
If the walls were not sized and or primed before the wallpaper was installed it will tear off the facepaper of the drywall and then you will have to skim coat the entire wall to make them smooth. That is most likely why they painted over it in the first place. I would repair the loose places and maybe mud over the seams and leave the wallpaper there.
It was really hard to take off wall papers specially if it was pasted their for years and even more it was painted. Is the wall cement or wood? if its wood, i suggest you tried your best taking off all wallpapers before repainting it.
This sounds like a really big nightmare. Hope you managed to solve the problem without causing any permanent damage to your wall. That is why one has to be careful when buying houses, you never know what is in store.
painting over paneling that I have filled the grove...
painted wallpaper removal
Removing old paneling
removing wallpaper from paneling
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!