I am working on what seems to be a nightmare remodel. The previous owners painted over wallpaper. I want to repaint the kitchen and living room but need to remove the wall paper first. I would just paint over it but it is coming up in places and the seams are showing.. What is the best route to remove this without damaging the drywall? I know this will be time consuming but I want to do it right and be done with it.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
If the walls were not sized and or primed before the wallpaper was installed it will tear off the facepaper of the drywall and then you will have to skim coat the entire wall to make them smooth. That is most likely why they painted over it in the first place. I would repair the loose places and maybe mud over the seams and leave the wallpaper there.
It was really hard to take off wall papers specially if it was pasted their for years and even more it was painted. Is the wall cement or wood? if its wood, i suggest you tried your best taking off all wallpapers before repainting it.
This sounds like a really big nightmare. Hope you managed to solve the problem without causing any permanent damage to your wall. That is why one has to be careful when buying houses, you never know what is in store.
painting over paneling that I have filled the grove...
painted wallpaper removal
Removing old paneling
removing wallpaper from paneling
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees