I just had some landscaping done and I think a finishing touch would be adding some mulch. I've been doing a little research and see a lot of issues with mice where mulch is present. I had and may still have a problem with mice in my area and would like to have some insight on this. Is this a problem? Are there alternatives? Thanks!
Mice are not attracted to mulch that I am aware of.However,if there are mice in the area,they may take up residence whether there is mulch or not.I have been using mulch (wood chips)that our landfill produces from xmas trees,brush,and lumber for years and have not had a problem.My understanding is that mice look for undisturbed areas (unkempt)and nest in chewed up paper and other trashy material.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide