I just had some landscaping done and I think a finishing touch would be adding some mulch. I've been doing a little research and see a lot of issues with mice where mulch is present. I had and may still have a problem with mice in my area and would like to have some insight on this. Is this a problem? Are there alternatives? Thanks!
Mice are not attracted to mulch that I am aware of.However,if there are mice in the area,they may take up residence whether there is mulch or not.I have been using mulch (wood chips)that our landfill produces from xmas trees,brush,and lumber for years and have not had a problem.My understanding is that mice look for undisturbed areas (unkempt)and nest in chewed up paper and other trashy material.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!