There is a method for createing wood floors; as follows:
Take a stock of wood, such as ash. Cross cut one half inch "tiles", and glue the tile to the underlayment so that end grain shows. Use tile spacers to space the "tiles" out the desired spaceing. You then "grout" the "tiles" as you would a ceramic tile with a mixture of saw dust, collected from the milling of your "tiles" and something else. It is the something else i do not know. I don't think it is simply glue, as this will not recieve finish the same as the wood. I am also unsure as what the best woods are to use.
When this is completed, the floor is one of the most beautiful and unique there is.
Do you know anything about this method of wood floors? I'd love to hear what you think!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers