A year ago I prepped my kitchen floor with 1/2" plywood underlayment over the existing floor of composition board and had a contractor lay the Armstrong sheet vinyl. Now the floor is squeeking in spots. I nailed the plywood every 6 inches, but the ring-shanked nails may not have been long enough. The vinyl is stapled at the edges without glue, so I think I can pull up some of the vinyl to renail. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jim
Thanks for the response. Yeah, i did think about using screws is places, such as near the room perimeter and under cabinets, but I was worried about the "cancellation of warranty" if screws are used. I guess it's like anything else where warranties apply. Any more thoughts folks?
The Armstrong dealer I bought the vinyl from specifically stated and is included with my warranty papers that no screws be used. My guess is that perhaps if the screws work loose, the heads cut the underneath side of the vinyl. That's my best guess but they must have a reason for being so demanding. Don't know if being on the east coast might play into it. At any rate, I might still try that because they don't glue the vinyl down anymore, so it's easier to manipulate.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes