A year ago I prepped my kitchen floor with 1/2" plywood underlayment over the existing floor of composition board and had a contractor lay the Armstrong sheet vinyl. Now the floor is squeeking in spots. I nailed the plywood every 6 inches, but the ring-shanked nails may not have been long enough. The vinyl is stapled at the edges without glue, so I think I can pull up some of the vinyl to renail. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jim
Thanks for the response. Yeah, i did think about using screws is places, such as near the room perimeter and under cabinets, but I was worried about the "cancellation of warranty" if screws are used. I guess it's like anything else where warranties apply. Any more thoughts folks?
The Armstrong dealer I bought the vinyl from specifically stated and is included with my warranty papers that no screws be used. My guess is that perhaps if the screws work loose, the heads cut the underneath side of the vinyl. That's my best guess but they must have a reason for being so demanding. Don't know if being on the east coast might play into it. At any rate, I might still try that because they don't glue the vinyl down anymore, so it's easier to manipulate.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!