Ceramic Tile Floor
1. Having to cut very small pieces of tile.
2. Placing the angled tiles in the most obvious place.
You might for instance hide the angled pieces behind the toilet or under the kick area of the vanity.
Let me know how it goes because I have a bathroom tile job on my to do list and I don't thing there is a 90 degree angle anywhere to be found in my old house.
What method are you going to use to adhere the tile?
Sometimes it helps to apply heat to the tile to help soften up the adhesive and save wear and tear on your hands. You can do this with a heat lamp or a hair dryer. Don't leave it on too long, just until it softens and the tile peels right up. It usually works, but not always.
You may also want to lay out the tiles on the floor beforehand to give yourself an idea of how it will eventually look before you do it for good.........
If it remains that difficult to remove the tiles, you may want to consider removing the whole floor and installing all new plywood. Sometimes what sounds the hardest is usually the easiest and fastest. Your time is money also. Rayl
Actually truth be known I'd probably do just what you are doing with the exception of adding the concrete board.
Your idea would work, however it causes added height to the floorline at the doorway entrance and with the water closet. Let's see what happens with the tile removal. I also think we should be in for a free dinner out of this............
Thanks again for all the input. (H2O closet------is that the same as TOILET?) I'm new at this remodeling--you can tell!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!