Ceramic Tile Floor
1. Having to cut very small pieces of tile.
2. Placing the angled tiles in the most obvious place.
You might for instance hide the angled pieces behind the toilet or under the kick area of the vanity.
Let me know how it goes because I have a bathroom tile job on my to do list and I don't thing there is a 90 degree angle anywhere to be found in my old house.
What method are you going to use to adhere the tile?
Sometimes it helps to apply heat to the tile to help soften up the adhesive and save wear and tear on your hands. You can do this with a heat lamp or a hair dryer. Don't leave it on too long, just until it softens and the tile peels right up. It usually works, but not always.
You may also want to lay out the tiles on the floor beforehand to give yourself an idea of how it will eventually look before you do it for good.........
If it remains that difficult to remove the tiles, you may want to consider removing the whole floor and installing all new plywood. Sometimes what sounds the hardest is usually the easiest and fastest. Your time is money also. Rayl
Actually truth be known I'd probably do just what you are doing with the exception of adding the concrete board.
Your idea would work, however it causes added height to the floorline at the doorway entrance and with the water closet. Let's see what happens with the tile removal. I also think we should be in for a free dinner out of this............
Thanks again for all the input. (H2O closet------is that the same as TOILET?) I'm new at this remodeling--you can tell!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps