stained vinyl flooring
1) Using any type of bleach on a sheet vinyl floor my have reverse effects of what your trying to accomplish. It may bleach the spot enough to give it a lighter appearance than the rest of the sheet vinyl. It can also dull the surface permanently thus making cleaning more difficult.
2) Steel Wool will (if not very carefull) put undo stress on the wear layer and most likely reduce or damage it.
I would recommend using Armstrong's New Beginnings Cleaner before trying any of these above mentioned methods.
[This message has been edited by Al Borland (edited October 27, 1999).]
vinyl flooring subfloor
glueless sheet vinyl flooring
Movers ripped Vinyl flooring!
Do vinyl floor tiles hold up as well as one piece vi...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps