Hoping someone can help with this question. I am installing new tile in an existing bathroom. The existing floor is tile over a 2 inch mortar bed. Should I just install the new tile on top of the old? Seems to me that since the old tile comes up fairly easily I could use the old mortar bed for a base. Any reason not to? It seems very solid. Removing it would be a big job not to mention installing a new base of dura-rock. Thanks for any advice.
Cleaning an old yellowed & dirty ceramic bathroom ti...
New Floor Height question
HELP - my new ceramic tile floor!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers