Hoping someone can help with this question. I am installing new tile in an existing bathroom. The existing floor is tile over a 2 inch mortar bed. Should I just install the new tile on top of the old? Seems to me that since the old tile comes up fairly easily I could use the old mortar bed for a base. Any reason not to? It seems very solid. Removing it would be a big job not to mention installing a new base of dura-rock. Thanks for any advice.
Old tile floor removal?
New Floor Height question
Cleaning an old yellowed & dirty ceramic bathroom ti...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love