Hoping someone can help with this question. I am installing new tile in an existing bathroom. The existing floor is tile over a 2 inch mortar bed. Should I just install the new tile on top of the old? Seems to me that since the old tile comes up fairly easily I could use the old mortar bed for a base. Any reason not to? It seems very solid. Removing it would be a big job not to mention installing a new base of dura-rock. Thanks for any advice.
Cleaning an old yellowed & dirty ceramic bathroom ti...
Old tile floor removal?
HELP - my new ceramic tile floor!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects