My wife and I are buying our first home and it currently has hardwood floors in the living room and hall. The bedrooms also have the same floor but are covered with old yucky carpet. We were planning to pull out the carpet and finish the hardwood underneith. Is the best way to rent a floor sander and then wax the floor after?
Hi Ham, a floor sander is definitely the place to start then you'll want to apply a protective finish (possibly stain as well) like polyurathane. Here's a link to detailed information that should get you going Hardwood Floors in the right direction. Good luck, and have fun!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!