We have a 1914 farmhouse. At some point, someone laid red tile in the kitchen. The grout is coming loose and is a real mess. Many of the tiles are loose and several are cracked. I pulled a few tiles up and discovered hardwood (I think oak) underneath.
Any suggestions for removing the grout that remains on the wood when the tiles are removed? Would just a good cleaning or sanding work?
We are hoping to find oak all through the kithen and will refinish it if we do. So any suggestions would be most helpful.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips