My garage roof is continuosly growing mold where it is shadowed by a large tree. More than half the roof.
Is there anyway to stop it other than cutting down the tree?
There are sprays containing zinc and copper that prevent this.You could also install a zinbc strip along the ridge. The rain washing down past it creates an environment unfavorable to growth of fungii.
I would like to hear from the roofers on this. My wife wanted to buy a house that was surrounded by trees. Above and around. I saw mold on that house also. I said no way. I always thought the sunlight helped dry the shingles out. If you're shingles never dry and mold is growing on them isn't this decreasing your shingle and roof life?
Just a question,
Just a question,
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide