My garage roof is continuosly growing mold where it is shadowed by a large tree. More than half the roof.
Is there anyway to stop it other than cutting down the tree?
There are sprays containing zinc and copper that prevent this.You could also install a zinbc strip along the ridge. The rain washing down past it creates an environment unfavorable to growth of fungii.
I would like to hear from the roofers on this. My wife wanted to buy a house that was surrounded by trees. Above and around. I saw mold on that house also. I said no way. I always thought the sunlight helped dry the shingles out. If you're shingles never dry and mold is growing on them isn't this decreasing your shingle and roof life?
Just a question,
Just a question,
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers