Removing Vinyl flooring
What's the best/easiest way to remove vinyl sheet flooring. I have tried scraping it up but it keeps tearing and the backing stays stuck to the floor. It is set on concrete.
When I pulled up my vinyl floor, it was a huge pain. The easiest way I found out to do it was use a heat gun, but be very careful not to catch the vinyl on fire. Keep it away about 5 inches or more and use a metal scraper. The glue is very difficult to remove but once it is hot enough, it becomes gooey. I hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!