Removing Vinyl flooring
What's the best/easiest way to remove vinyl sheet flooring. I have tried scraping it up but it keeps tearing and the backing stays stuck to the floor. It is set on concrete.
When I pulled up my vinyl floor, it was a huge pain. The easiest way I found out to do it was use a heat gun, but be very careful not to catch the vinyl on fire. Keep it away about 5 inches or more and use a metal scraper. The glue is very difficult to remove but once it is hot enough, it becomes gooey. I hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!