We've carpeted half of our basement and used a latex based sealer first. We now want to lay ceramic tile under the bar area and have heard mixed opinions on the use of a sealer on the basement floor first. If we shouldn't use it my concern is that when sealing under the carpet they went out about a foot beyond that where the tile needs to be layed, is it very important to now get that sealer off of the floor before tiling?
Clean grit off a basement floor?
Carpeting over painted floor in basement
Cracks in Basement Floor
Tile on concrete board over concrete basement floor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!