We've carpeted half of our basement and used a latex based sealer first. We now want to lay ceramic tile under the bar area and have heard mixed opinions on the use of a sealer on the basement floor first. If we shouldn't use it my concern is that when sealing under the carpet they went out about a foot beyond that where the tile needs to be layed, is it very important to now get that sealer off of the floor before tiling?
Clean grit off a basement floor?
Carpeting over painted floor in basement
Cracks in Basement Floor
Tile on concrete board over concrete basement floor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!