Tucking Carpet Under Tile
I think you need a Transition Strip between the 2 floorings. Call up the folks that installed your carpeting and find out more. Beyond that, you MAY need to have THEM move the carpeting, or you may need to simply install a Strip. It usually depends on the 'characteristics' of where the 2 floors meet, which I can't see from here.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: If it's just a Strip you need, you can install that yourself. ALl you'll need is a drill, a drill bit, and some screws. Just take your time. Oh, perhaps this 'gap' is for a piece of Marbled Moulding. That's what we have for our Transition Strip. It's about 4" in width ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!