Sagging Floor Joists
Depending on the amount of sloping, you can use Floor Leveler. BEFORE you even go to the store, you need to measure the slope. BEFORE you leave the Home Center, DO read the Instructions to be sure you can use the Leveler on your particular slope.
You can also shim a NEW sub-floor. However, it may not be enough. YOu can shim the floor level BUT once you get all that weight back IN the bathroom, it will be out of level and you'll need floor leveler anyways. Thing is, I'm not sure that either method is advisable.
If you have the sub-floor ripped up, perhaps you can either 'sister' the joists or 'suppor t' the old joists w/jacks. You didn't say if the floor is on the 1st floor or where, and you didn't say what's UNDER the joists. (Concrete, the 1st floor, dirt, or what.) Depending, this will affect how it should be done. Heck, who knows, perhaps you have rotting joists. Since I can't see if from here, you may want to hire a Pro for just this part of the job. Sometimes, there are times to hire a Pro, and this could be one of them.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes