We are attmepting to remove the indoor/outdoor type carpet off our kitchen floor. The problem is that it has been glued directly to the original hardwood floors. No pad was used. The house was built in 1915. I do not think we can save the hardwood floor; however, I would like to put something down that is a little easier to keep clean with our 4 small children. Our thoughts were maybe a wood laminate. Any thought about carpet removal and flooring that will remain somewhat warm during Iowa winters is greatly appreciated.
You can easily remove the glue/foam backing etc. with the PEEL AWAY 5 product. Visit the web site at www.peelaway.com
Usually, carpet glues can be removed safely with many different remover products available at Home Centers so as to preserve the wood floor underneath. What will work depends in large part in the type of glue used. Sometimes, "Goof-Off" or "Goo Gone" or even just some lighter fluid will work to dissolve the glue. Cut the carpet where it is not glued so you can work on the glued areas more easily. It will take some time, but it would be worth it if you have a nice wood floor underneath.
removing carpet glued to hardwood floor
Removing carpet pad from concrete
Laminate Vs Engineered Hardwood Vs Hardwood Flooring...
Carpet padding "stuck" to hardwood floors
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes