We are attmepting to remove the indoor/outdoor type carpet off our kitchen floor. The problem is that it has been glued directly to the original hardwood floors. No pad was used. The house was built in 1915. I do not think we can save the hardwood floor; however, I would like to put something down that is a little easier to keep clean with our 4 small children. Our thoughts were maybe a wood laminate. Any thought about carpet removal and flooring that will remain somewhat warm during Iowa winters is greatly appreciated.
You can easily remove the glue/foam backing etc. with the PEEL AWAY 5 product. Visit the web site at www.peelaway.com
Usually, carpet glues can be removed safely with many different remover products available at Home Centers so as to preserve the wood floor underneath. What will work depends in large part in the type of glue used. Sometimes, "Goof-Off" or "Goo Gone" or even just some lighter fluid will work to dissolve the glue. Cut the carpet where it is not glued so you can work on the glued areas more easily. It will take some time, but it would be worth it if you have a nice wood floor underneath.
removing carpet glued to hardwood floor
Removing carpet pad from concrete
Laminate Vs Engineered Hardwood Vs Hardwood Flooring...
Carpet padding "stuck" to hardwood floors
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!