We are attmepting to remove the indoor/outdoor type carpet off our kitchen floor. The problem is that it has been glued directly to the original hardwood floors. No pad was used. The house was built in 1915. I do not think we can save the hardwood floor; however, I would like to put something down that is a little easier to keep clean with our 4 small children. Our thoughts were maybe a wood laminate. Any thought about carpet removal and flooring that will remain somewhat warm during Iowa winters is greatly appreciated.
You can easily remove the glue/foam backing etc. with the PEEL AWAY 5 product. Visit the web site at www.peelaway.com
Usually, carpet glues can be removed safely with many different remover products available at Home Centers so as to preserve the wood floor underneath. What will work depends in large part in the type of glue used. Sometimes, "Goof-Off" or "Goo Gone" or even just some lighter fluid will work to dissolve the glue. Cut the carpet where it is not glued so you can work on the glued areas more easily. It will take some time, but it would be worth it if you have a nice wood floor underneath.
removing carpet glued to hardwood floor
Removing carpet pad from concrete
Laminate Vs Engineered Hardwood Vs Hardwood Flooring...
Carpet padding "stuck" to hardwood floors
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide