Ice in a gutter can and will destroy it. Give it a year or two and it will likely be hanging off the eaves, leaking badly or look guite damaged. Take pictures you may need them. This ice may be the result of another problem. Possibly heat loss from the house/attic. The Gutterhelmet might have a negative effect on water running away by shading the gutter and refreezing water when it touches the cold metal. A completely covered gutter is nice for leaves but Gutterhelmet may have a class action law suit on their hands as this idea doesn't seem to me to be winter friendly. Keep me informed as to how it goes. You can feel free to use my statments if your still concerned. Water and rarely ice whould only be inside the gutter. If it is ouside the gutter there IS a problem!
Crack,drunk or otherwise impaired???
removing cedar crystals
Painted Stucco - I need to redo it...please advise
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!