Ice in a gutter can and will destroy it. Give it a year or two and it will likely be hanging off the eaves, leaking badly or look guite damaged. Take pictures you may need them. This ice may be the result of another problem. Possibly heat loss from the house/attic. The Gutterhelmet might have a negative effect on water running away by shading the gutter and refreezing water when it touches the cold metal. A completely covered gutter is nice for leaves but Gutterhelmet may have a class action law suit on their hands as this idea doesn't seem to me to be winter friendly. Keep me informed as to how it goes. You can feel free to use my statments if your still concerned. Water and rarely ice whould only be inside the gutter. If it is ouside the gutter there IS a problem!
Crack,drunk or otherwise impaired???
removing cedar crystals
Painted Stucco - I need to redo it...please advise
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight