Hello - I recently moved and in need of help in how to clean grout between the tiles of the floor near our shower. It appears that there are mildew stains. I have tried household and commercial cleaners, but none have helped. These stains are quite resistant. Someone recommended that I cover the old grout with a thin layer of new. Is this advisable? Is there anything else I can try? Thanks!
If Tilex® won't remove the stain,you could try recoating although I've never tried it.Score or chip the grout before you try recoating so the new grout has something to bite into.
Amy, I just did our bathroom. Is light grey tile with light grey grout (never do that light grout again). Got a double kit of Zap at Sam's Club and some small wire brissle brushes at Home Depot (looks like large tooth brushes). Am amazed at how good it came out. Took 2-3 applications. Squirt on grout and scrub in with brushes. Let sit for about 10-15 minutes and brush again. Wipe up with wet rag - get clean water often. I only did a 'section' at a time so I wouldn't track it all over. Afterwards, use a good grout sealer. I put 2 coats on and already have a small blob in one of the grout lines so don't know if it makes any difference? Good Luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes