Hello - I recently moved and in need of help in how to clean grout between the tiles of the floor near our shower. It appears that there are mildew stains. I have tried household and commercial cleaners, but none have helped. These stains are quite resistant. Someone recommended that I cover the old grout with a thin layer of new. Is this advisable? Is there anything else I can try? Thanks!
If Tilex® won't remove the stain,you could try recoating although I've never tried it.Score or chip the grout before you try recoating so the new grout has something to bite into.
Amy, I just did our bathroom. Is light grey tile with light grey grout (never do that light grout again). Got a double kit of Zap at Sam's Club and some small wire brissle brushes at Home Depot (looks like large tooth brushes). Am amazed at how good it came out. Took 2-3 applications. Squirt on grout and scrub in with brushes. Let sit for about 10-15 minutes and brush again. Wipe up with wet rag - get clean water often. I only did a 'section' at a time so I wouldn't track it all over. Afterwards, use a good grout sealer. I put 2 coats on and already have a small blob in one of the grout lines so don't know if it makes any difference? Good Luck
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight