Hello - I recently moved and in need of help in how to clean grout between the tiles of the floor near our shower. It appears that there are mildew stains. I have tried household and commercial cleaners, but none have helped. These stains are quite resistant. Someone recommended that I cover the old grout with a thin layer of new. Is this advisable? Is there anything else I can try? Thanks!
If Tilex® won't remove the stain,you could try recoating although I've never tried it.Score or chip the grout before you try recoating so the new grout has something to bite into.
Amy, I just did our bathroom. Is light grey tile with light grey grout (never do that light grout again). Got a double kit of Zap at Sam's Club and some small wire brissle brushes at Home Depot (looks like large tooth brushes). Am amazed at how good it came out. Took 2-3 applications. Squirt on grout and scrub in with brushes. Let sit for about 10-15 minutes and brush again. Wipe up with wet rag - get clean water often. I only did a 'section' at a time so I wouldn't track it all over. Afterwards, use a good grout sealer. I put 2 coats on and already have a small blob in one of the grout lines so don't know if it makes any difference? Good Luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!